Happy New Year! As you are considering your plans and how you want to show up in 2016, it is important to take stock of what is happening right now with you. Solid strategic plans, strong work relationships, high morale and improved performance are all byproducts of good questions. This potent communication tool can help you discover important information about your work, yourself, your associates, your customers—and create insights that otherwise might have remained hidden.
Below are just a few questions that can have powerful effects on your work and life. Ask your questions without leading, prompting or interrupting, and suspend any assumptions. And then be sure to LISTEN to the answers. Once you have listened, determine how and when you want to take action. Without action, there is no progress and growth!
Powerful Questions for the New Year
- What is it that you’d like to see accomplished and how do you see it happening?
- What are your thoughts? Your concerns?
- What’s the most important priority to you with this and why?
- What would you like to see improved?
- Can you help me understand that a little better?
- What’s in the way of improved performance? How can I change that?
- If I could change one thing in my life/business that would have the greatest impact, what would it be?
- What prevents me from being able to place more focus on this?
- What self-limiting fears, thoughts or actions do I want to leave behind?
- Are my actions today compatible with what I wish to leave behind as a legacy?
Looking for more inspiration for accomplishing your goals and creating a successful 2016? I’ve created e- coaching workbooks to help you thrive in 4 different areas of your life: time management, stress management, finances, and in recognizing your unique gifts so you can live a fulfilling life. You can check them out here.
Needing more accountability to really show up in 2016? Contact me today for a complimentary consultation.