Happy New Year!
I love the start of a new year. It gives me a chance to begin fresh. To wipe the slate clean, start over, consider the possibilities for a new year, and to get excited about the uncharted days ahead of me.
So, with the start of this new year, I have decided to change things up a bit and I invite you to join me with 5 simple tips to live life differently in 2015…
1. I began the year with a THEME! Yup, instead of resolutions, I want to challenge you to think about a theme. Your theme will be the guiding principles of how you will choose to live this year. As I considered my theme, the three words that resonated with me were focus, clarity and expansion. So all that I do personally and professionally this year will involve the message behind these 3 words.
2. As a coach, one thing I would encourage you to do is to have an accountability partner. Once you have set an intention toward a goal, it is great to have an accountability partner to keep you encouraged around your action steps. A simple text that asks: “Did you organize your office today?” is sometimes the one thing you will need to keep you going!
3. Consider setting a priority for each month. There is only so much time in the day, so let’s be realistic. We can’t be all things to all people and we can only do so much before we get burned out.
“If you don’t want to burn out, stop living like you are on fire.” Priest
So what might be a priority you can concentrate on for the month of January? Continue this process for each month! Change it up so you have variety in your life.
4. Yes, we have FB and Instagram and every other social media platform to keep us informed about the lives of our family and friends. But that really does not take the place of a phone call or time spent with one another. Who might you really take time for this year? What relationships will you cultivate?
There is a great quote by Brendon Burchard that says:
“People on a path of purpose don’t have time for drama.”
So, leave the drama and cultivate relationships that encourage, uplift, and challenge you to grow.
5. Do something that you have been talking about for a long time but have not done yet. So in essence, we are not waiting to the end of our lives to fulfill our “bucket list”. It starts with one step, and with that step you may need to ask for help, guidance, advice or encouragement. You may even have to attend a class, a seminar, or webinar. Don’t be afraid to do that. We were not called to live this life alone. We live in a world where so much is available to us, but it is up to us to reach out and take hold of it.
I am sure you could add to this list of tips. You may even have a different list. Take a step today to actually follow through on the tips. That is what will actually make the difference in your life. My heart’s desire is to see you thrive in life. We were not created to simply survive, each day just rolling into the next.
“Your day is your week is your month is your year.” —Chris Brogan
So, choose to live life differently this year! Live a life you love and thrive!
Tell me in the comments below, which tip do you want to start using to live your life differently this year, or do you have one of your own that you would like to share?
To your moments,